Promoting Lake Ohrid Destination Branding
RisiAlbania is an innovative project, supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, SDC,
Tourism is the most important sector in Albania, yet it has always been chaotic and never organized. Even UNESCO site with huge potential lacked proper branding. There was no destination website and online inventory of tourism assets.
Solution & Impact
Manderina was contracted by UNESCO for the 3-year project “Promoting Lake Ohrid”.
This was a project funded by European Union in Albania and Ministry of Environment. The goal of the project was that the Albanian side of Lake Ohrid to become part of UNESCO World Heritage. The goal was achieved in 2019.
What Manderina did for this project:
- Preparing a monthly newsletter in three languages: English, Albanian and Macedonian
- Writing unique articles about the Lake Ohrid Region, interview with locals and actors from both parts: Albania and Macedonia
- Organizing social media photo contest: “ #OurLakeOhrid “
- Design of banners, brochures, flyers, photo Album
- organizing seminars, meetings, fam trips and fairs with local products
Website Design and Development